Friday, April 19, 2013

House of Prayer

Recently I received a call from someone who wanted to know if I was connected to the "Retreat House and Work Center".  I suppose any church could be described as such . . . but I was intrigued.

After a bit of research, I did discover that there is, indeed, an "Outcelt Retreat House and Work Center" (though not certain about the location...and note spelling difference of my name).

I do find this description compelling, however.  Calvary can, at times, be a retreat center . . . a place where God's people come apart to pray together, to find an energizing center from which to go forth to serve.  And that's the second important ingredient of our faith, no less important than the first:  that we are to be a "work center". 

The church isn't a movement of God unless we move for God.   Movement implies labor.  Energy.  Commitment.  Work.

Indeed, we should pray before we move.  But we should move!  We should be moved to work for God. 

Where are you moving for God right now?  What is the work that you are doing that is crucial to God's work through Calvary?  What are you contributing?  What is it that cannot be accomplished unless YOU accomplish it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment