Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Morning

It is Sunday morning.  I have, in my usual fashion, risen early--long before sunrise--to meditate, write, drink coffee, and prepare myself for worship.

I am grateful.  I hope you are as well.  And as I consider some of these points of gratitude, I am reminded of the following:

* Calvary's continued growth . . . our hospitality and outreach and welcome which brings new families to worship every weekend (sometimes dozens of new people).  I am always amazed and inspired by the spirit, gifts, and ideas that new people are bringing to Calvary.

* Calvary's mission . . . our month of February will be a celebration of the many missions we support:  some local, some state, some international.  Make sure you not only visit the booths to see where God is working through us . . . but make plans to be involved in at least one mission in 2013!

* Calvary's children and teenagers . . . I don't need to say much here.  Our kids rock!

* Calvary's generosity . . . in February Pastor Michelle will be offering the tithing challenge--a new approach for families that may be working toward offering a tithe (10% of income) to God's work.  If you are still working toward the tithe, take advantage of this challenge and see how God will bless you!

* Calvary's families . . . lots of wonderful people here.  

Yes, I'm grateful.  And I look forward to seeing everyone in the mission station this Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment